Last Updated: November 16, 2023
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information that you provide to us, including: (i) information you choose to provide to us, (ii) information we gather when you visit our websites at https://www.activar.com/ (collectively, the “Site”); (iii) information we gather or you provide when you interact with us directly; (iv) information provided to us that we process.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information. By accessing or using this Site, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. We recommend checking this Policy regularly, as your continued use of the Site is deemed an acceptance of any changes.
1. Information We Collect
We may collect the following data, including personally identifiable information, to operate our Site, to effectively provide you with access to our Site, or to provide you with products or services.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
We may collect personally identifiable information (“PII” or “personal information”) directly from you, such as when you interact with our Site or when you contact us for support or information. This personal information includes: your first and last name, company name, and contact information, including phone number and email address.
Information that is not PII.
We may also collect or generate non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Site, and our services or products. This information includes, but is not limited to: browser type and version, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, referral source, length of visit, page views, demographics, interests, online habits, geographical location, analytical data, receipts, images, social posts, video, audio information collected by website visitor tracking tools such as “cookies,” “web beacons,” “pixels,” internet tags, and other navigational data. Your inputted Site search data may also be recorded and stored for various research purposes and/or to help resolve possible future technical issues. If you contact us with any help request, in order to assist you with any trouble you may have accessing our Site, we may also collect contact and authentication data, chat data, and device or browser configurations.
Website Visitor Tracking Tools
We may place and store cookies on your hard drive. When you visit our Site, we may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. These cookies, which do not contain personal information, enable us to send you ads about our services, customize our services, and gather insight analytics.
These third-party websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents, links, or any changes or updates to these websites. Further, the inclusion of any hypertext links on the Site does not imply endorsement by us of the related third-party website, that website’s contents or security, or any association or affiliation with its operators. We are not responsible for data and information collected by these third-party websites.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings at this time.
2. How We Use Your Information
The information collected directly through you or through this Site may be used for processing transactions, maintenance and administration of your account, and/or responding to your inquires. Generally, we may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- To Personalize Your Experience – we may use your PII and non-personally identifiable information to personalize the content and experience you receive.
- For Development and Improvement of our Services – we may use the information we collect to better understand how our users engage with our Site, troubleshoot problems with our Site, or to identify areas of improvement of the Site.
- Communicate with you about the Products and/or Services – we may use your information to communicate directly with you regarding any of our products or services that you have inquired about or have purchased.
- To Market, Promote, and Drive Engagement with the Services – we may use you information to market, promote, or drive engagement to the products or services we provide, or in the promotion of new products or services.
- Affiliate and Business Partners – we may share your information with any of our affiliates or business partners, including our vendors, consultants, and other third-party service providers as it relates to the provision of the Site, or as it relates to the provision of any of our products or services.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention; Safety and Security – we may use your information to detect and prevent fraud.
- To Protect our Legitimate Business Interests and Legal Rights – we may use your PII in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, or audit matters, where it may be either required by law or applicable court or regulatory order, or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights and interests, or the legal rights and interests of our other customers or other applicable third parties.
- Business Transfers – We may share or transfer your PII in connection with or during negotiations of a merger, sale of Activar Inc.’s assets, financing, acquisition and/or any other legally permissible transfer.
- With Your Consent – we may use your PII where you have provided consent for us to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
3. Safeguarding and Keeping Data
How We Protect Your Information
Although no computer network is invulnerable to attack, we use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information to our authorized personnel and/or third-party providers as appropriate and necessary to provide our Site, our products, or our services.
In general, “opting out” means that you want us to limit the personal information we collect and store about you, and not target ads that are based on your interest to your browser or device. If you use multiple browsers, computers, or mobile devices, and wish to limit the personal information we collect and stores, or you do not wish to receive our interest based advertising, you must opt out from each browser, computer, and mobile device individually. Please note that if cookies are not enables in your browser, or if you use certain ad-blocking tools, our opt-out mechanism may not work properly. Also note that deleting your cookies does not opt you out. To opt-out, please contact us directly at [INSERT INFORMATION]or use the link provided to you within any marketing email to update your preferences.
We only share your data with our authorized third-party service providers who need access to assist in providing our products or services. We will also provide information as we are required to comply with our legal obligations.
We do not sell or share you PII with any unaffiliated third-party for their marketing purposes.
4. Your privacy rights
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6501.06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 – 312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor do our products target children under the age of 13. By using our Site and products you represent that you are not younger than 13.
Certain tools and settings are provided to help you access, correct, delete, or modify your personal information. You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. Depending on where you live, you may have certain legal rights under applicable law. For example, you may have the following rights:
- Right to limit – meaning you can ask us to restrict or stop processing your personal information, if it not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us.
- Right to access – meaning you can ask us for a copy of any personal information we have about you, if any.
- Right to correct – meaning you may ask us to change and/or correct any personal information we have about you.
- Right to delete – meaning you may ask us to delete any personal information we have about you and we will be happy to do so unless we are required to retain such information by law or regulation, or we have a right to retain subject to a user agreement for our internal business purposes.
- Right to transfer – meaning you may request a copy of your personal information, in a commonly used and machine-readable format, be provided to you or to a third party you specify.
You may contact us at any time about any of these rights, or any concerns or questions you have about our use of your personal information at [INSERT EMAIL]. We welcome you to contact us regarding the information we have collected about you, including the nature and accuracy of the data collected about you, to request an update, modification, or deletion of your information, to opt-out of certain services, or to withdraw any consent you may have granted. Please note that if you choose to delete your information or opt-out of the collection and use of your information, certain features may no longer be available to you.
5. Changes to this Policy and Contacting Us
This Policy may be updated or changed from time to time, for example to comply with legal requirements or to meet changing business needs. The most up to date version will be posted to the Site, with the “Last Updated” date noted above.